Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot view pics

• Please log in to reply

tony loly

tony loly

• Pip
  • 4 posts

I recently deleted all my pics ( in error, long story ) but by using " Recuva ", kindly suggested to me on here some years ago, I managed to get them back, or so I thought. They are all in a folder & show up just as squares with JPG & a ref number, no image as such. I used " faststone " for my pics & I think it is their logo that appears in the boxes.
Can anyone explain how to get the actual pics. Bare in mind you are, obviously, dealing with a novice here?
Thanks.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts

Hello Tony loly

You are not the only one who has been caught by Recuva recovered files won't open issue. Many users have reported that they cannot open or play their files especially videos, images and document files even they retrieve them with Recuva. There are many factors that disable customers to view or open their retrieved files and common reasons are:

Recuva corruption
File recovery failure 
File corruption or encryption (due to Virus/malware infection)
Data overwriting

I would try one more attempt to recuva the photos and see what happens.

You may also try and contact recuva support linked below to see if they have any help for you.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts

Any luck?

tony loly

tony loly

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

No, ran it again but with same outcome. So annoying.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts

Too bad, I have experienced it firsthand I deleted a lot of photos once recuva was able to get some back, but most were not able to view. The longer they have been deleted the less likely of success with recovery.