Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

netropa keyboard - function keys

• Please log in to reply

Gerry_s

Gerry_s

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have an itron multimedia keyboard with netropa driver. There are a bunch of useful buttons on this, however, the function keys have all been re-assigned to (supposedly) make it easier when working in MS office. For example, F2 is now CTRL+n (new document), F3 is CTRL+F12 (open), F4 is SHIFT+F12 (save). I find this a huge pain in the neck. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get my function keys back while keeping the functionality of the extra controls?

Thanks, Gerry

Advertisements

Particleguy

Particleguy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had this very same problem unnoticed until I could not exit out of iexplorer's kiosk mode using ALT-F4. My keyboard may be somewhat different but anyway...there should be one button out of many that has the Office symbol that looks like some puzzle pieces. It is the "office lock". When pressed, it should extinguish a LED with the same "puzzle piece" symbol. This should make your function keys work normally...as well as the print scr and so on.

I hope this helps other people with this problem.

pGUY

Gerry_s

Gerry_s

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Found the button. It did the trick. Thanks very much. Gerry