Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virgin Superhub 2 without a Virgin contract

Best Answer Geekimnot , 06 March 2022 - 08:20 AM

Thanks for the replies, i think that I should now close the topic.Sky and Virgin devices can only be used with their services and as I found a few years back when my wireless router broke Sky would... Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Geekimnot

Geekimnot

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

I have a redundant Virgin Superhub 2, but have cancelled my contract with Virgin.

Can I still operate the Hub without the contract.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

In short no because if you could every customer would cancel their contract, you only get what you pay for and as an ex customer I can tell you that Virgin will give you nothing, worst customer services I've ever encountered as well.

Geekimnot

Geekimnot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Yes the customer sevice is why I about to cancel my contract, I have been with them for 4 years, their service is terrible.

I have an old Superhub  2 and thought I could adapt it for use outside Virgin, no such luck.

In short no because if you  could every customer would cancel their contract, you only get what you pay for and as an ex customer I can tell you that Virgin will give you nothing, worst customer services I've ever encountered as well.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Sky and Virgin devices can only be used with their services and as I found a few years back when my wireless router broke Sky wouldn't let me use the replacement Netgear router that I purchased myself, they are all as bad as each other in all honesty.

Geekimnot

Geekimnot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
✓  Best Answer

Thanks for the replies, i think that I should now close the topic.

Sky and Virgin devices can only be used with their services and as I found a few years back when my wireless router broke Sky wouldn't let me use the replacement Netgear router that I purchased myself, they are all as bad as each other in all honesty.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

You are welcome and thanks for the follow up  :thumbsup:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Thread closed to prevent any further spam posts.