Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Custom Gaming PC Ran warm just a few minutes into playing a game

• Please log in to reply

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

I just got WWE 2K22 and my custom gaming PC ran somewhat warm just a few minutes into playing it.

My Specs

AMD Ryzen 1700 Eightcore

32 GB of RAM

Radeon RX470 Graphics

Is everything ok? Just a bit concerned I don't want to fry my expensive custom PC.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Can you post the brand and model name or number of the power supply (PSU).

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here, this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

1. In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.
  2. In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.
  3. Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

I have no idea what PSU was used

http://speccy.pirifo...FJFzhJCt3jfGxAQ

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Overheating is often caused by a weak or overloaded PSU so you need to take off the side of the case and get the details off the information label that all decent PSUs have.

Are you aware that your GPU does not meet the minimum requirements for the game,  GeForce GTX 1060 / Radeon RX 480 are the minimum and GTX 1070 / Radeon RX 580 are the recommended.

No rush on this as I have an early start so going offline now.

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Ok thanks, I will look at the PSU when I dust my PC tomorrow. I am sorry if that seems rude or anything, not trying to be I am celebrating my Father's birthday.  My roommate who also builds PCs thinks it might be the GPU not the PSU but I will get your two cents as well. My roommate also thinks airflow might be an issue. It has been a little while since I cleaned my PC. So yeah. I will let you know when I check the PSU. Thanks for the advice so far.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

:thumbsup:

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Just finished dusting my PC well the PSU is a Corsair, I took some pics which can be seen on the album of this image, they are big here so I decided to just post the link. One side of the PSU I can't see because other things are blocking it.

https://i.ibb.co/Zdc6CzH/100-1679.jpg

Edited by RebelGamer137, 09 March 2022 - 06:09 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Only the one pic and it tells us nothing I`m afraid.

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

I am not sure what to do to be honest. Hopefully I can contact my friend who built my PC.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Unfortunately we cannot help without knowing the PSU information, Corsair are a great brand but they do have both recommended uses and warranty periods and you having a five year old CPU and a six year old GPU I have a strong suspicion that the PSU may well be out of any warranty period.

Are you aware that your GPU does not meet the minimum requirements for the game,  GeForce GTX 1060 / Radeon RX 480 are the minimum and GTX 1070 / Radeon RX 580 are the recommended.

You never provided any feedback regarding the above.

Advertisements

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Yes I am aware of the GPU issue, sorry for lack  of clarity

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

No worries but as mentioned we do need to have the PSU info.

Have things been any better since you cleaned out the dust

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

It seems to be better. I will talk to my roommate when he is free if he can help me. I don't trust myself doing this.

EDIT- Nothing else but that game makes it run hot.

Edited by RebelGamer137, 14 March 2022 - 11:03 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

As per my reply #4;

Are you aware that your GPU does not meet the minimum requirements for the game,  GeForce GTX 1060 / Radeon RX 480 are the minimum and GTX 1070 / Radeon RX 580 are the recommended.

Your system not meeting the minimum requirements is what is heating things up, the GPU and PSU are being stressed and that generates heat and if not carful sparks and a bang as well.

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

As per my reply #4;

Your system not meeting the minimum requirements is what is heating things up, the GPU and PSU are being stressed and that generates heat and if not carful sparks and a bang as well.

At least with a PC you can upgrade as you go, sucks this one will likely cost quite a bit.