Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

High bandwidth and low ping to servers but lots of rubberbanding

lag low ping servers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Solice93

Solice93

• PipPip
  • 92 posts

Hey all, here's my problem: I'm in a building with amazingly high wifi bandwidth (up to 32MB/s down and nearly that much up), I also have very low ping (~52ms - ~100ms) with all of the servers I connect to in all of my online games, but for some reason I'm experiencing bad rubberbanding every so often. I sometimes takes up to 10 seconds for the game to resync properly. Now I have noticed on some games that offer it, the ping will go from ~52ms to upwards of 370ms for seemingly no reason. I also noticed today as I was downloading Doom 2016 that the internet would lower in signal strength and then just drop out. I thought that maybe I was the culprit, so I lowered the limit to 13MB/s and I still have the same problem. 

I was having this issue before, and so I thought that maybe updating the OS and the network drivers would fix it. No dice. It honestly sounds like a router issue which I am not in control of, but if there is anything I can do on my end to fix it, I would like to explore those options.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I am suffering no detectable packet loss as far as the in-game tools can see.

Edited by Solice93, 16 March 2022 - 09:07 PM.

Advertisements

Solice93

Solice93

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

In this video, i will show you how to disable Nagle’s algorithm to optimize multiplayer network games in Windows 10 and Windows 11.

Thank you very much. It seems to have helped a lot. 

Do you know what advanced settings I can change on my Wi-Fi adapter to give it better performance as well?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Thread closed to prevent any further spam posts.