Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wrong screen ratio movie (usb) on tv

• Please log in to reply

Den_bčre

Den_bčre

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hy,

My question :

I have certains movie on my usb-stick wich i plug into my tv => press play to watch the movie so far so good

When playing the screen ratio is to big (impossible to change ratio to 16:9 in settings tv )

But if i play the movie from my laptop it's the correct ratio (16:9)

I don't have this with every movie but it's frustrating to not know how to deal with this, any advice ??

Second question :

I connect my laptop (new one : Lenovo thinkpad 2022) with a HDMI cable to my tv and there the screen ratio is correct = 16:9 but there i've another frustrating problem is that the screen is showing tiny freeze moments every few seconds, its tiny but also frustrating 

I thank you for some good advice :)

Bere from Belgium

Advertisements

Phlegmbot

Phlegmbot

• PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

I'm not 100% certain, but it sounds like you MAY be experiencing an issue I had...

Since you have a Lenovo, you may have something called the INTEL GRAPHICS COMMAND CENTER, an app. 

Click the Windows key, type that title in. If you can't find it, check that you've an Intel Graphics Display, Go here:

https://www.intel.co...0/graphics.html

Follow the steps to ensure your PC is compatible w/the app. 

If it is: 

Install the app.

Open the app.

Click the image of the your additional display.

Below the image, scroll down to SCALE.

Click the Settings icon (the gear image).

You will see a NEW image on the left pop up that allows you to alter the "scale" of the things appearing on your 2nd display. 

Hopefully, that will fix it for you! Because English is your 2nd (or maybe 3rd or 4ht?) language, and I don't speak French or German, I'm not certain I fully understood the issue, so I hope I got it right! Good luck!

Edited by Phlegmbot, 31 March 2022 - 03:34 AM.