Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Write protection problems

• Please log in to reply

james6string

james6string

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello. I have a new laptop which I have upgraded to windows 11. When I copy my phones sd card I can't copy it on to my external hard drive. It says the folder is write protected. If I check the properties I can uncheck the write protection but when I try to copy again it is checked again. I have looked for a solution but it is beyond my knowledge. I can't use registry editor. I would probably format the laptop. Is there a patch or update I can download. Please help. james6string.

Advertisements

james6string

james6string

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks millions. I will try this tonight. If I do it right I will let you know. Thanks again.

james6string

james6string

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
😕 It ran, I undid write protection on a folder and applied, it looked good. I checked the properties after and the write protection was still ticked. Anything else? Please help. Thank you again.

james6string

james6string

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I am. I'll have to look again tonight. I didn't try to copy on to an external drive.