Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lexmark Printer Issue

• Please log in to reply

galec

galec

• PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

I have an 11yr old Lexmark Pro 900 wireless printer. This issue happened months ago too but some how it resolved on it's own. It prints the whole image but on 25% of the letter size paper. All my print settings are correct and connected to the network. I've powered off printer several times (and let it sit for a few hours), rebooted laptop and disconnected & reconnected to wifi. Obv the driver up to date since it's the only one from many years ago. I tried to print from a desktop but that won't communicate with the printer. I going crazy troubleshooting, wasting paper & ink

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

Hello galec,

Have you rebooted the router? or maybe and idea below...

Lexmark, Pro900 series printer that will not keep a network - Microsoft Community

galec

galec

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Oh yes. I've done everything I can think of. My laptop is connected no prob. The issue is the printing reduction

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

okay sorry I was thinking connection problem, some kind of setting issue, I guess. Trying to find something about it but not having any luck yet.

galec

galec

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

No luck either BUT I  have another printer showing for same printer installed (not named same) and that prints right size. The settings are same for both printers.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
 I tried to print from a desktop but that won't communicate with the printer

Why don't we set up the desktop to print to the printer.

on the printer

1 Load plain paper. 2 From the home screen, navigate to Print Setup Page: > Network Setup > Print Setup Page - attach the report

on your computer

Either type or copy and paste what is in Blue. What is in Red is what you do e.g Enter (Press the Enter key)

ipconfig /all >"%userprofile%\desktop\ipconfig.txt" Enter

This should put a text file on your desktop. Please attach the file in your reply.

When yu try to print from the desktop what error do you get

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

also have you checked on the current setup that you are not set for multi pages per sheet

1 With a document open, click File  Print.

2 Click Properties, Preferences, Options, or Setup.

3 From the Layout list of the Advanced tab, select Pages per sheet. make sure it is 1

4 Select the number of page images to print on each page. If you want each page image to be surrounded by a border, then select Print Page Borders.

5 Click OK to close any printer software dialogs.

6 Click OK or Print.

galec

galec

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

The desktop has the printer installed, the error is "Communicaton not available".  When I get that on my laptop, unplugging printer works but not on the desktop. The two files are attached. Took me a while to remember where to type what you wanted, haven't done that in a while! Everything in your second post ok.

Attached Files

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

Sorry should not assume you knew cmd

open cmd on desktop Either type or copy and paste what is in Blue. What is in Red is what you do e.g Enter (Press the Enter key)

ping 192.68.1.122 enter

do you get a reply (4 times) or fail

galec

galec

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Ya cmd, not sure how I found it tho on win 10!  Ping unreachable 1st try. Then 2nd it timed out

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

hmm 

on the bottom right hand side of the screen near the clock is a wireless icon

If you click on that it should give you the the wireless networks 

are you connected to 6CQXR

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

A pic of what to look for

Attached Thumbnails

• WiFi SSID.PNG

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

if you are connected to that ssid and no ping reply

power printer off and on

restart desktop

try the ping cmd again

If still no reply 

are you able to reboot your modem/router?

Pic of what ping should look like attached

Attached Thumbnails

• Ping Reply.JPG

galec

galec

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Desktop & laptop both connected to wifi. I've done the powering off printer & computers many times. I'm not worried about printing from the desktop. My issue is when printing from laptop, the whole page print only covers 25% of the page when using the default printer (Lexmark Pro 900 Series (Network). The other (ET002000963F38) prints full page but print jobs remain in the que and can't delete; I do think they eventually disappear.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

have you deleted the printer and reinstalled