Question: When you try to run Eset Online Scanner, do you double click the esetonlinescanner (2).exe file on the Desktop or the ESET Online Scanner.lnk from the Start menu?
Go to this path and delete Eset folder. Also delete any eset executable file on the Desktop or Downloads.
After that, try once again:
Download ESET Online Scanner and save it to your desktop.
- Right-click on esetonlinescanner.exe and select Run as Administrator.
- When the tool opens, click Computer Scan.
- Click Yes to allow the tool run.
- At the Welcome to ESET Online Scanner window, click Get Started.
- Select whether you would like to send anonymous data to ESET.
- Click on the Full Scan option.
- Select Enable ESET to detect and remove potentially unwanted applications, then click Start scan.
- After downloading updates, ESET will begin scanning your computer. This may take some time.
- When the scan is finished and if threats have been detected, select Save scan log. Save it to your desktop as eset.txt. Click on Continue.
- ESET Online Scanner may ask if you'd like to turn on the Periodic Scan feature. Disable the feature and click on Save and continue.
- On the next screen, you can leave feedback about the program if you wish. If you left feedback, click Submit and continue. If not, Close the application.
- Open the scan log on your desktop (eset.txt) and copy and paste its contents into your next reply.