Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton Internet Security

• Please log in to reply

Struggling

Struggling

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi -- I would appreciate some advice please.

Since installing Norton Internet Security, all the logos and banners on my websites have disappeared and I've tried altering many settings in Norton but to no avail. I have also noticed the same thing when visiting other sites.

Can anyone explain why this is happening? Is there a setting I need to alter? I am running Windows XP professional.

Thank you for your time.

In anticipation

Struggling

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Turn off Norton's "ad-blocking" and see if the problem goes away.
Johanna

Struggling

Struggling

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you for your quick response.

I have tried turning ad blocking off and it doesn't make any difference. Have also changed the privacy settings but no luck there either.

Am wondering if it might be anything to do with javascript, which I have enabled but that hasn't made any difference either.

Tremortime

Tremortime

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
What browser/extensions are you using? Do you have a firewall with adblocking capabilities. If you have not already tried this, try to view the pages in an alternate browser as well.