Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5567 laptop, it works slowly, some component

• Please log in to reply

piotrzyna

piotrzyna

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5567 

Win10 Home 64bit installed
version: 21H2
build: 19044.1706
16 GB RAM DDR4

https://valid.x86.fr/pd7jfi

My English is poor, I use translate google.

Once again, a month ago, I installed win10 home 64bit in UEFI mode
from a botable flash drive created with the Media Creation Tool.

Something has happened to him for a long time, he used to work relatively quickly.
Originally / a few years ago / it had WIN7 but I bought it from the store with WIN10 already installed and it worked very fast.

Once I made a laptop format by reinstalling Win10, made updates etc. It worked fine until some time stopped working normally:

- the built-in speakers do not work and there is no sound. And when I plug in my headphones there is a sound
- the touchpad does not work properly, the left and right buttons do not work, the rest is normal,
- keyboard, not all buttons work, min. 7, 8, 9, 0 and F4 to 12 and 7 to 0 and PrtScr, Insert,
- I run Youtube - the videos load slowly, they stutter, you can hear crackling in the headphones,
- in chrome, starting a pair of tabs, it takes a long time to load, the wheel spins and spins,
- in general, I have to wait a long time for the reaction of the programs that are launched

The laptop works terribly very slowly, it starts up quite well, maybe not like it used to, but it is relatively.
Working on it is very annoying.

I will also add that my computer has been tested for malware.
http://www.geekstogo...st-logs-solved/
My computer has been cleaned of malware, boots up and runs faster.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about this field.
Please help.

Attached Thumbnails

• cpu-z cz1.png
  • cpu-z cz2.png
  • cpu-z cz3.png
  • cpu-z cz4.png
  • cpuz cz5.png

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
Search for: Device Manager
hit Enter.
then View, Show Hidden Devices.  
Now look in the right pane for yellow flagged devices.  Right click on one and select properties then click on the Details tab.  
Change Property to Hardware IDs.  Click on the top one then right click and copy.  Paste that into a reply.  Repeat for all yellow flagged devices.

piotrzyna

piotrzyna

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Hello RKinner.

Done and attached.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 05-26-22 at 09.37 PM 001.PNG
  • Screen Shot 05-26-22 at 09.37 PM.PNG
  • Screen Shot 05-26-22 at 09.38 PM 001.PNG
  • Screen Shot 05-26-22 at 09.38 PM.PNG
  • Screen Shot 05-26-22 at 09.39 PM 001.PNG
  • Screen Shot 05-26-22 at 09.39 PM.PNG
  • Screen Shot 05-26-22 at 09.40 PM.PNG

Attached Files

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Doesn't look like there are any yellow flags.  Does anything say something like "Unknown Device" in your language?

Did everything work after you installed Windows 10?  Has something happened to the laptop recently?  Dropped?  Liquid spilled on it?

Normally on an Intel system when you reinstall the operating system the first thing you need to do is install the Intel Chipset Device Software.  Did you install it?  If not you can get it on the HP support page for the Dell Inspiron 15 5567 in your language.  On the English page it is Version 10.1.18121.8164, A09.  

I would also try the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver which should be available on the same page.  If you have the current version then just right click on the driver and Uninstall Driver then reboot so that Windows reinstalls the driver.

However normally the switching between speakers and headphone occurs at the jack via some mechanical contacts it's doubtful that this will help.

For your keyboard problem. In Device Manager:  Locate Keyboards and click on the arrow in front of it.  This will open and it should show one or more HID Keyboard Devices  Right click on each device and Uninstall Driver (Do not allow it to remove any software)  Reboot and Windows will reinstall the keyboard driver.  Perhaps that will help.  If not try  plugging in an external USB keyboard and see if that will work.  The keyboard may need to be replaced.

There should be a driver for your touchpad.  On mine it is under "Mice and other pointing devices".  Most are from (Synaptics.)  Right click on it and uninstall and reboot.  You may have to use an external USB mouse if you can't get the touchpad to work.

If that doesn't help than let's get some more information:

Multiple replies are OK.  Best to post a log as you get it.  If something doesn't work in your language please tell me and I will provide an alternative.

Get Process Explorer

Save it to your desktop then run it (Vista or Win7+ - right click and Run As Administrator).  
View and check Show Processes From All Users 

View, Select Column, check Verified Signer, OK
Options, Verify Image Signatures

Click twice on the CPU column header  to sort things by CPU usage with the big hitters at the top.  

Wait a full minute then:

File, Save As, Save.  Note the file name.   Open the file  on your desktop and copy and paste the text to a reply.

Get the free version of Speccy:

(Look in the upper right for the Download
Latest Version button  - Do NOT press the large Start Download button on the upper left!)  
Download, Save and Install it.  Tell it you do not need CCLEANER.    Run Speccy.  When it finishes (the little icon in the bottom left will stop moving), 
File, Save as Text File,  (to your desktop) note the name it gives. OK.  Open the file in notepad and delete the line that gives the serial number of your Operating System.  
(It will be near the top,  10-20  lines down.) Save the file.  Attach the file to your next post.  Attaching the log is the best option as it is too big for the forum.  Attaching is a multi step process.

First click on More Reply Options
Then scroll down to where you see
Choose File and click on it.  Point it at the file and hit Open.
Now click on Attach this file.

Latency Monitor:

Go to

Scroll down to

System Monitoring Tools

and then find

LatencyMon 7.0 (or it may be a higher number if they update)

Click on Download free home edition

Save it then right click and Run As Admin.  It will install and then start the program.  
It will tell you to click on the Start button but there isn't one.  
Instead click on the green arrowhead (looks like a Play button).   Let it run for at least 20 seconds.  Then hit the red box to stop it. 

Edit, Copy Report text to Clipboard then move to a REPLY and Ctrl + v to paste the text into a reply.  

Let's get a benchmark:

Click on Free Download.  Save the file then right click and Run As Admin.  Close all programs and pause your antivirus before starting.

When it finishes it will open a browser.  Copy the URL and paste it into a Reply.

piotrzyna

piotrzyna

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Let's get a benchmark:

Unfortunately, I can't install this.
I also tried to turn off the internet, I did a system restart
and nothing.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 05-27-22 at 12.02 PM.PNG

Attached Files

piotrzyna

piotrzyna

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  1. I don't know if the laptop was dropped or if some liquid could have been spilled on the laptop. I think not .
    I was hospitalized for a long time.
  2. On the Dell website, I downloaded and installed the Intel Chipset Device Software 10.1.18121.8164, A09 in Polish
  3. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver, downloaded from Dell website for Ispiron 5567 and installed according to your instructions.
  4. As for the keyboard, made according to your instructions - no changes. I do not have an external keyboard so far, then I will check it and let you know.
  5. Process Explorer downloaded, installed - report in the attachment.
  6. Speccy downloaded free version, installed as per guidelines. Report attached.
  7. LatencyMon downloaded free version, installed - report attached.
  8. Benchmark - I can't install. Information in the post above.

Attached Files

piotrzyna

piotrzyna

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Doesn't look like there are any yellow flags.  Does anything say something like "Unknown Device" in your language?

I know what you mean but I haven't found anything like that. I have already seen something like this on other equipment.

piotrzyna

piotrzyna

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

User Bench Mark - it worked, phew

https://www.userbenc...serRun/52853636

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Go into CMOS/BIOS setup:

(Reboot and start tapping F2 until it tells you it's going into BIOS Setup)

shows the various options.  Under Performance there are two options that we may want to change.

Uncheck (DISABLE) Intel Speed Step.  This is supposed to save power by slowing things down when there is little load on the CPU.  Judging by your benchmark it may be stuck in low power mode.

Check (ENABLE) Intel TurboBoost.  This is supposed to speed things up.

While in the BIOS Setup verify that under System Configuration, Audio you have the system speakers enabled

Save your changes and exit setup.  Rerun UserBenchmark and let's see if it helped.

If that didn't help, Latency Monitor is complaining about ntoskrnl.exe.  This is a Microsoft file, a key part of Windows.  Let's verify that the File system and Windows System files are in good shape.

Open an elevated command prompt:

(If you open an elevated Command Prompt properly it will say Administrator: Command Prompt in the margin at the top of the window)

Once you have an elevated command prompt:

Type:

chkdsk  /r  C:

Hit Enter.  It will tell you it can't do it now and ask if you want to schedule it for the next reboot.  Tell it Y.

Restart Windows.

The disk check should begin and normally takes several hours to complete tho with an SSD it may be quicker.  This check that your file system has not been damaged.

To Check your system files:

Close all programs.  Make sure the PC is connected to the Internet.

Open an elevated command prompt:

(If you open an elevated Command Prompt properly it will say Administrator: Command Prompt in the margin at the top of the window)

Once you have an elevated command prompt:

Type:

DISM  /Online  /Cleanup-Image  /RestoreHealth

(I use two spaces so you can be sure to see where one space goes.)
Hit Enter.  This will take a while (10-20 minutes on a healthy PC) to complete.  Once the prompt returns:

Reboot.  Open an elevated Command Prompt again and type (with an Enter after the line):

sfc  /scannow

This will also take a few minutes.  

When it finishes it will say one of the following:

Windows did not find any integrity violations (a good thing)
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and repaired them (a good thing)
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some (or all) of them (not a good thing)

If you get the last result then type:
findstr  /c:"[SR]"  \windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log  >  %UserProfile%\desktop\junk.txt 

Hit Enter.  Then type::

notepad  %UserProfile%\desktop\junk.txt 

Hit Enter. 

Copy the text from notepad and paste it into a reply.

Rerun Latency Monitor and post the summary as before.

piotrzyna

piotrzyna

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  1. I turned off Intel Speed Step because it was on.
  2. Intel TurboBoost did nothing here because it was turned on.
  3. During the BIOS setup, I checked the Audio System Configuration section - it was Ok.
  4. UserBenchmark - I think it even helped - the report below.
    https://www.userbenc...serRun/52855269
  5. chkdsk / r C: ListChkdskResult.txt report in the attachment.
  6. DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth - done.
  7. sfc / scannow - done
    - result: Windows did not find any integrity violations.
  8. Latency Monitor - done.
    LatencyMon.txt report attached.

Attached Files

Edited by piotrzyna, 27 May 2022 - 09:54 AM.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Don't see the Latency Monitor report.

piotrzyna

piotrzyna

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Don't see the Latency Monitor report.

doesn't understand ?

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

I see the report now.  Don't know why I didn't see it earlier.

Rerun Latency Monitor for exactly 20 seconds and then stop it.  Click on the Drivers tab.  If the column labeled "Total Execution (ms)" does not have non zero numbers sorted from largest to smallest, click on the column header until it does.  Should look like this:

Drivers.JPG

Make and attach a screenshot.

Now move the scroll bar on the bottom of the page to the far right and make a second screenshot.  Should look like this:

Drivers.JPG

Click on the Processes tab and make a screenshot.  Should look like this:

Drivers.JPG

Finally attach the latest summary.

CPU SPEED
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Reported CPU speed:                                   3793 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   458.088947
Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   9.663734

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs):       451.244502
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs):       3.650889

REPORTED ISRs
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs):              100.525442
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time:       dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%):          0.077923
Driver with highest ISR total time:                   dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%)                          0.108297

ISR count (execution time <250 µs):                   5955
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs):                0
ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs):                0
ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs):              0
ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs):              0
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs):                 0

REPORTED DPCs
DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs):              610.268125
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time:       nvlddmkm.sys - NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 391.35 , NVIDIA Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%):          0.068358
Driver with highest DPC total execution time:         nvlddmkm.sys - NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 391.35 , NVIDIA Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%)                          0.164361

DPC count (execution time <250 µs):                   9040
DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs):                0
DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs):                35
DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs):              0
DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs):              0
DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs):                 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count:                 latmon.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults                       2
Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process:          1
Number of processes hit:                              2

PER CPU DATA
CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0.348471
CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs):                100.525442
CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.086398
CPU 0 ISR count:                                      5860
CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs):                610.268125
CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.120516
CPU 0 DPC count:                                      8281
CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0.053395
CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs):                4.301081
CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.000054
CPU 1 ISR count:                                      22
CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs):                189.734775
CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.001049
CPU 1 DPC count:                                      87
CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0.109614
CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs):                23.273662
CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.000247
CPU 2 ISR count:                                      43
CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs):                363.621672
CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.007419
CPU 2 DPC count:                                      505
CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0.087821
CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs):                22.724756
CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.000078
CPU 3 ISR count:                                      30
CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs):                44.837068
CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.002715
CPU 3 DPC count:                                      202

Above are from my desktop system.  Note that your 

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   5337,10

is over 10 times greater than mine so it is still running slow.  (We use a . where you use a , )

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   458.088947

piotrzyna

piotrzyna

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
I launched Delay Monitor for exactly 20 seconds - I'm attaching screenshots.
PS. The screenshots you attach unfortunately don't open and are rather the same as the three included in your post.

CPU SPEED - Registry.txt report attached.

The rest of the information you described - I just opened my big eyes.
Unfortunately, I can't understand it because it's black magic to me.
I completely rely on you.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 05-28-22 at 09.13 AM 001.PNG
  • Screen Shot 05-28-22 at 09.13 AM.PNG
  • Screen Shot 05-28-22 at 09.16 AM.PNG
  • Screen Shot 05-28-22 at 09.24 AM.PNG

Attached Files

Edited by piotrzyna, 28 May 2022 - 02:55 AM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

No problem seen in the short 20 seconds.  Your system is actually faster than mine in the short term.  You did not attach the summary page but I expect it did not complain.  

Check that the hard drive has been optimized:

Right click on C: and select Properties then Tools.  Select Optimize.  On the new page select Optimize.  On mine it only took a minute to report back that the drive was 0% fragmented.

I see your version of Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver and Management Console is slightly older than the one on the Dell Support webpage so try and update it.

Also update:

Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Driver

Rerun Latency Monitor for 1 minute and post the summary and a screenshot of the drivers tab.