Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wifi now not connecting...

• Please log in to reply

Plutox

Plutox

• PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

All has been well on my PC for weeks until the Wifi connection stopped then after fiddling around came back on, for 2 minutes then disconnected, this sequence happened about 5 or 7 times until a permanent disconnection. 

After google search on this problem there was nothing I could do but a Network Reset after I went thru the adaptor driver update.  This has not helped at all.

In Troubleshooting initially I got a message about 'gateway something' but no longer - now I get the message that 'you have not chosen a provider' which I have, many times, with the correct password.

All my other devices have no problems so it is the PC having the problem, router OK - there is another provider (from next door) I get which is not protected and I can connect with that with no problem!

Any ideas please.

Win 10; Chrome 100; Gigabyte motherboard

Advertisements