Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer will not stay on

• Please log in to reply

kufur

kufur

• Pip
  • 1 posts

So basically I downloaded halo since it came out early to play with my friends who’ve been eagerly waiting. I ran the beta of the game perfect no problems at all great everything FPS was good. For some reason I have issues running the released version of it and it’s running my cpu at 100% and I only played for a little bit maybe a match. At most. My computer just powers off on it own as if I lost power in my house. I wait a bit maybe it over hearted I wasn’t 100% sure. Anyways I turn it back on and tried again but within the Minute it does the same thing before I even open any kind of application. I wait even longer and I can run my computer trying to figure out what’s wrong and I try a different game and I’ve never had issues with this game prior to this event but now it runs very bad with awful FPS and it’s just a struggle. At this point it’s been two days I’ve tried so many things checked all of the drivers uninstalled windows and reinstalled it. I got it to run for like 2 hours today trying to stress test it and was working okay is for a while. But then I try the game Ryse son of Rome. I can’t even get 30 FPS with this older game at low settings on the graphics quality. I run the game maybe like 15 mins and then again my computer just shuts down. Please does anyone know what I can do? I have no idea what’s wrong with my computer I have a 3070 graphics card and an AMD 3600 cpu 16 gigs of ram and plenty of room on my SSD as well. After running halo infinite which ran my cpu up to 100% for some reason my computer just stopped working basically

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Can you post the brand and model name or number of the power supply (PSU).

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here, this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

1. In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.
  2. In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.
  3. Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.