Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

What is g-ak_YnX.htm

Best Answer debodun , 23 July 2022 - 08:07 AM

I am just concerned whether it's harmful or not. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

debodun

debodun

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Some icon with a Firefox logo on a black background with this name was automatically downloaded and put on my desktop this morning. I am dubious about it and put in the recycle bin. I just wanted to know what it is.

Advertisements

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

HTM or HTML is short for Hypertext Markup Language. It's a file format used for containing HTML language which constructs a web page. This file format is based on markup codes intended to be used in Web Browsers. Any web browser, such as Edge, Firefox, Chrome or Opera, will open and properly display HTM and HTML files. In other words, opening one of these files in a browser will "decode" what the HTM or HTML file is describing and display the content correctly.

debodun

debodun

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
✓  Best Answer

I am just concerned whether it's harmful or not.

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

It's just .htm file so no it's not harmful if you want delete it.

debodun

debodun

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Thanks for putting me at ease. I just curious why this downloaded by itself to my desktop.

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

You are very welcome!