Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with HJT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Lonesome_dove989

Lonesome_dove989

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
:tazz: Hi! I was wondering if I am doing something wrong. I have the current version of HJT, and I do run it. However, when I click Save Logfile, I get this program called "1 Step Restore for Zip and Jazz" asking me for my backup disk. I have not created a backup disk, and I do not wish to restore anything, and I think restoration is what this program is about.

When I do run HJT, most everything looks normal, except one running process, l will list below:

04 - HCKU\..\Run [Y32pRXj7h] COMRAMP.EXE

I have no idea what COMRAMP.EXE is.

The reason I have been trying to figure out what is wrong with my computer is I cannot get WANTED popups or webpages to open in a new window. It acts like it wants to open, but shows nothing. I have even disabled my popup blocker to see if that may help, but it doesn't help at all.

Is the COMRAMP.EXE spyware or malware? I have tried to do searches for it, but nothing seems to be available about it.

Thanks so much!

S.M.

Advertisements

Lonesome_dove989

Lonesome_dove989

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
I believe I had posted this in the wrong area. I am very sorry for this. Please delete this post, and I will post again in the correct place.

Thank you. :tazz:

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Continued here:
http://www.geekstogo...HJT-t37977.html

I'll close this one.

Regards,