Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.1

Floppy Disks

Best Answer phillpower2 , 20 January 2023 - 05:45 AM

Not going to work I`m afraid as there will not be any chipset or other important/required drivers available. Try running Linux instead. Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

bk6183xx8716

bk6183xx8716

• Pip
  • 1 posts

My old computer, an ACER Aspire, ran Windows 10 absolutely terribly. I have the installation floppy disks for DOS 6.22 (Microsoft) and Windows 3.1. Does anyone know if I could delete Windows 10 and then use an external floppy drive to install DOS and Windows 3.1 on that computer from my disks? 

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,527 posts
✓  Best Answer

Not going to work I`m afraid as there will not be any chipset or other important/required drivers available.

Try running Linux instead.