Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo Messenger 6,0,0,1922

• Please log in to reply

sweetdave

sweetdave

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Having experienced a couple probs with Yahoo Messenger, i recently uninstalled it, & re-downloaded. Now, instead of 2 probs, i have 3! ;) :tazz:
1) (The new one) - Messenger remembers my username & password, and opens automatically. As this is a shared computer i DO NOT want that. How do I stop it?
2) Some of my contacts (for whom i only have nicknames) have recently changed their nicks. When i try to edit contact details, it fails, 'Server Error - Error Code :-7'. How do i get to edit contacts?
3) Messenger doesn't remember my font, etc., settings for messages, but keeps going back to default. How do i make my setting stick?

Thanks ;)

Advertisements

sweetdave

sweetdave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
i've now upgraded to Beta. THe signon and font problems are still there! :tazz:

Mycah

Mycah

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
To stop auto login, Log Out and go to the login screen, i should have your user name and pw, deselect all options about saving your user and pw. As for the other... no idea!

chanchel

chanchel

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi

i was using yahoo messenger 6 .recently,wen i tried to pm my friend,the messenger exited automatically.so,i reinstalled the messenger.it seemed to work prperly until i updated the programme with a security fix.the same prob. occured again

somebody help

:tazz:

os-xp pro,service pack 1

sweetdave

sweetdave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Mycah - thanks for that - did it, seems to have worked perfectly. Like so many things, simple once you know how. :tazz:

sweetdave

sweetdave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Another question - :tazz:

When i list Message Archive, it shows my contacts by their Yahoo names. Any way to make it show them by the nicks i know them by?

I have quite a few contacts, & know them by nicks, not Yahoo addys - it's a pain, having to keep cross-referencing.

;)