Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battlefield 2

• Please log in to reply

98webp

98webp

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Can anyone voice there opinion on battlefield 2 after playing the demo.

I found it ran ok even with a system below the minimum system requirments even though i have updated mine now.
I also dont like the fact that i cant blow up a bridge with a tank or rocket man etc. or will u be able to do that in the game.
I find the air planes alot more harder but i only use the mouse, does anyone think they are better than bf 1942 or does everyone pritty much like the plane on that.

On the demo i also get shadows around vechiles and men sometimes is this to do with not updating my graphics card or again just because its the demo.

If any1 can add any thoughts at all on this game it would be great thanks.

Advertisements

killingalchemy

killingalchemy

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
you can't really compare bf2 planes to bf 2 planes. they fly different because :tazz: one has a jet engine and the other has a propeller. I like the bf1942 planes better though.

about the shadows - I believe that's because it's a demo.. and they didn't make it perfect. my graphics are set on high and I still get that.

who cares if you can't blow up bridges... actually if you could, everyone would probably get pissed off when people constantly blew them up. Game developers could make games so realistic, but the truth is, they want their consumers to actually have fun. they don't want them to have to worry about totalling a vehicle by running into a tree. I hope you understand what I mean. if it were too realistic it wouldn't be fun.

Edited by killingalchemy, 20 June 2005 - 08:29 PM.

incapunisher

incapunisher

• Pip
  • 5 posts
i have this problem as well with BATTLEFIELD 2 demo.........

after about an hour of ONLINE play......i get disconnected and when i
try to get back in it says.......

there was an error listening on a socket.

then when i logoff to desktop i CANT USE INTERNET EXPLORER ANYMORE
until i restart the computer!!!
i have done everything including reinstalling windows AND IT STILL
HAPPENS !!!

i notice problems with DAWN OF WAR ONLINE as well.

PLEASE HELP !!!

my comp is P4, 3.0, 768ram
ATI 9800 PRO
xp pro sp2
verizon DSL

OTHERWISE the game is FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!!