Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Infinite Compaq Screen!?

• Please log in to reply

jj__clark

jj__clark

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Great site!!

I have a Compaq....Older model (exact model number is at home I'll update when I get there.)

The computer goes through all hardware checks. Lights and sounds can be heard. All fans running.

But Will never get to the windows loading page.
It just returns to the Compaq screen and goes through the testing again and again.
I've used the XP disc to boot from it but when it reboots the computer in ends up in the compaq loop of death again. :tazz:
I've reformatted the drive and reloaded windows again.. but still no luck.
I've tried running in all types of safemode but still no luck.
I've run the recovery console and ran fixmbr but still no luck.
I've ran data Lifeguard and returned the HD to factory condition and reloaded XP and still no luck.
It was quite hot last week here so I though it may be Overheating....so I brought in an extra big fan blowing on the System...and it still didn't boot.
I also gave it a real good cleaning.

Any insite would be amazing.....
Maybe I could check PSU...but I don't know how.
Thank you very much
jj

Advertisements