Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Aurora is elusive!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

iamluvie

iamluvie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: ;) I need someone who has a bit more experience or patience with removing Aurora malware to give me some guidance. I would rather not purchase another ad/bot remover. I would very much like to do this on my own but I am just a little tired and figure it doesn't hurt to ask for a hand from someone who may know alot more than myself. The Aurora program really isn't doing anything to me or my computer other than the fact that I know it is there. I was in a hurry and very tired when I let it slip in. Slip of the finger and all ;) I have located the various files in my SYSTEM32 file and have deleted all that I can as the darn thing keeps replecating with a different file name. I just want to know what I need to do to remove it. Let me know what info you need either through this post or my e- mail addy, which is preferrable for me.[COLOR=purple][SIZE=7][FONT=Impact]

Advertisements

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Hi iamluvie welcome to Geeks 2 Go. I regret the delay in responding but we are swamped.

Before I am able to analyze your log, you must read the information provided in the following link and do everything that is indicated from step 1 through step 5. Stop after installing HijackThis in its own folder. The folder should look something like this C:\HijackThis\HijacktThis.exe when you are finished. These steps often drastically reduce the number of problems we have to contend with and get you up and running much faster.

You Must Read This Before Posting A Log

Regards,

Trevuren

iamluvie

iamluvie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you for your reply. I managed to fix my problem with Aurora today. Is it okay for me to post a link to the program which removed it? If so, please let me know and I will do so asap. Of course I am sure that you already have it or know about it but I figured I would offer. :tazz:

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
This site does not approve of the tool that you probably used. Please be advised that you should still have your log checked for residual elements and to clean up other infections that may be present.

Regards,

Trevuren