Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HijackThis, trouble downloading

• Please log in to reply

drummer6

drummer6

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hi! I tried to install HijackThis on my computer, because it's infested with spyware and it keeps shutting off, even on safe mode. I tried downloading HijackThis twice. After that didn't work, I ran Ad-Aware a few times and it got rid of some things, but it did very little to help get rid of malware. I also have a trojan downloader in my computer and osmething called. "m00" keeps downloading itself on my desktop. I get pop-ups every second and they usually freeze my computer, crash it, restart it or shut down my internet. I have 5% free space on my computer. Before I had 7% free space on my computer and I tried removing some malware I knew was there and I ended up with 5% free space on my computer. Since I can't download HijackThis, what should I do? Oh yeah, I know the popups aren't from websites, because it says something called "enternet" and they pop up when i'm not online too, a whole bunch of them.

Edited by drummer6, 20 June 2005 - 05:31 PM.

Advertisements

aldaros23

aldaros23

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
first try to un-install any programs that look suspicious from the control panel
(ie. click start, control panel, add/remove programs)

that should clear some space

they try ad-aware again but make sure you have the updated definitions and the following changes guided by the Admin in the Malware section
(see: http://www.geekstogo...?showtopic=2852 )

then you can download HiJack This and post a report in the Malware forum

- if this doesn't work - post in the Malware forum - you definietly have an infected system

drummer6

drummer6

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Thanks, but I can't download that thing for Windows XP, because I have windows 2000, but HijackThis finally downloaded.