Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problems with WinSockFix utility

• Please log in to reply

coachtim

coachtim

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Problems with WinSockFix utility

I tried following directions using this utiliy, but once I ran it it hasn't let me connect to the internet at all when before I was able to use some sites.

I went and ran adaware, CWShredder, Spybot S&D, but I still have no access to the web.

It all started out becuase I could connect to all sites except hotmail, ofoto, and sites like that. Now I have nothing and I can't even download the proper software I need to fix it (I am using another computer to post here).

The other problem I'm now having is that windows is now asking for a password and I don't have any set up (even in safe mode).

This thing is all messed up.

can anyone help?

Advertisements

coachtim

coachtim

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I think that that utility caused my router to not be recognized.

Also - it turns out that my command prompt won't stay open. As soon as I open it, it just shuts down?

Any thoughts? I just backed everything up from the harddrive so I'm thinking of re-installing the system software.