Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Trojan_Spy.html.smitfraud.c

• Please log in to reply

JayP

JayP

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My pc has been invaded by Trojan_spy.html.smitfraud.c. I ran several different spyware programs and only spy ferret found it. I paid $40 to register with them to remove it. When I scan the pc with spy ferret, Trojan no longer comes up, but I'm still left with the blue screen and the warning of the security breech.

How can I get rid of this? If you can explain in layman's terms, I'd appreciate it.

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Hi and welcome Jayp

Please right-click: HERE and go to Save As (in Internet Explorer it's "Save Target As") in order to download smitfraud reg file. Save it to your desktop.

Locate "smitfraud.reg" on your desktop and double-click it. When asked if you want to merge with the registry, click YES. Wait for the "merged successfully" prompt

reboot let us know if you have your desktop back

JayP

JayP

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks, finally that annoying fatal error notification is gone.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Mind if we have a look at a HJT log just to be sure,

Please go Here and unzip the newest version of HJT into a new dedicated folder,
Create a folder on the C: drive called C:\HJT.
You can do this by going to My Computer (Windows key+e) then double click on C: then right click and select New then Folder and name it hjt. Unzip HijackThis into this folder. Launch Hijack This, then press Scan, and press Save Log
This will generate a text file that will list all running processes, all applications that are loaded automatically when you start Windows, and more.
Most things are harmless and needed so don't make any changes.
post a log here please.