Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP installation issues

• Please log in to reply

Lou_ts

Lou_ts

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Firstly, I put together a brand new PC a few days ago. After I got everything running, a friend recommended I install Windows XP pro X64 edition. I did so, and my instillation went smoothly, but after the OS was installed I had several problems regarding drivers so I decided I would rather just go with Windows XP pro as my OS.

I started off by going into my bios and having my computer boot from cd-rom. The setting saved, my computer would not boot from my Windows XP cd, instead it would load up to XP X64. So I tried opening the windows XP from inside my OS and I started up the cd but the choice to "Install Windows" is somewhat of a faded/shadowed text that will not let me click on it.

I'de appretiate any help, and thanks in advance.

-Lou

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Is your WinXP cd an original or a copy you or someone made for you (different setup and install for them) ??

Murray