Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

internet settings snafu

• Please log in to reply

darthcannabis666

darthcannabis666

• Pip
  • 1 posts
having problems with laptop running xp sp2 and browsing with firefox (or at least used to) it is connected to a cable connection threw a wireless router ( linksys WRT54G ) the problem is that i can not get on certain websites, it doesn't matter if its secure or not it just seems to arbitrarily pick and choose which sites i can and cannot go to, it even goes as far as not allowing some thumbnails not to load. i've tried the laptop ,which has a built in wifi antenna on three networks 2 residental and one at a best buy, the best buy network is the only one where the laptop worked flawlessly the 2 residental networks, the only places i really use it have the same problems. i have tried removing all the firewalls, playing with the router and pc settings and i am still at a loss, i suspected it was a problem with firefox so i removed it and tried to reinstall it, little did i know the same problem also affects IE and worst the mozilla download site is one of those arbitary sites i can't get on, which means i am writing this on IE a fact that sickens me so please if their is any body who can help me i would forever be in your debt i am close to throwing my laptop under a truck and moving to amish country where i will never have to see a error message again.

Advertisements

gwest57

gwest57

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Darth, I'm having the same problems since I went wireless (linksys) with IE. Still have not found solution, that's why I'm on this site now. You might want to check this out;
http://www.talkabout...ges/242609.html
There are lots of suggestions. It might help you - none have worked for me yet.
gwest