Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account Login to Account

I can't open my documents, my computer

• Please log in to reply

lenglish

lenglish

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am not sure when this started, but we cannot open our "My Documents" or "My computer" folders.

I am able to access our pictures and other word files through email, word, power point, etc.

Any suggestions on what to try....

Frustrated in Ontario! :tazz: ;)

Advertisement

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
It would help to know any error message you are receiving. Two things pop into mind:

A corrupt User Account

How to take Ownership of Files and Folders in XP
http://support.micro...;308421&sd=tech

HTH
Johanna

Ellette

Ellette

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having the same problem! I cannot access my documents or anything using Windows Explorer.
I get an Error Message saying something about Windows Explorer not working. It asks if you want to "debug", "restart", etc. etc.; I have tried everything, and nothing has worked!
This is happening on my brand new ASUS computer with Windows 7. My old Sony VIAO with Vista NEVER had this problem (and I had it for 4 years)!

Why am I having this problem, and how can I fix it?! (I'm a college student, so I NEED reliable access to my files!) Please help! Thank you :)

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured