Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

problem with 6800gt

• Please log in to reply

mrcheapyasui

mrcheapyasui

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just got a Leadtex a400 6800gt graphics card. The installation seemed to go smoothly until i turned the computer on. The card makes a really high pitch beep noise that doesnt stop. The monitor acts like it isnt connected to anything, and i have to hold down the power button to turn it off because the noise is unbearable.

i have an asus a7v8x motherboard, 1gb of corsair ram, a 400watt power supply, and an athlon 2400+xp.

Any ideas of whats wrong??
Thanks!

Advertisements

Hawker

Hawker

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
that beep is coming from the BIOS speaker on yout motherboard. a continuous bee means you have a faulty motherboard, a memory problem, or a video problem. since yours started after you put your video card in, that is most likely the problem. make sure your RAM is seated properly, and take the video card out, and reinstall it.

mrcheapyasui

mrcheapyasui

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i figured it out, you had to plug a power cable into the cards fan