Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MB usage for Everquest 2

• Please log in to reply

bevoz

bevoz

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi,
My Dad wants to know before i start playing, how much MB of our internet will be used on average while playing Everquest 2. So if anyone knows or can give me an approximate it would be very much appreciated.
Thanx :tazz:

Advertisements

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
you could have a look on task manager by pressing CTRL + ALT + DELETE alltogether :tazz:

bevoz

bevoz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Thnx for the help
But what exactly should i be looking at
and it would be helpful still if someone could tell me the average MB usage for like say a month
THNX

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
u obviously look at iexplore.exe my internet (Broadband) uses around 20,000KB to 22,000KB it may seem alot but u need internet ;)

Do you have MSN MESSENGER if you do i could chat to you there and will be easier :tazz:

bevoz

bevoz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
removed mail to protect user from spam and abuse

bevoz

bevoz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
this guy hasnt come online so does anyone else have any suggestions

bevoz

bevoz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
anyone?

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Yea...unless he is running 14 computers on his home network Everquest shouldn't kill his bandwidth

bevoz

bevoz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
i mean like the MB out of my dl limit coz i dont wanna go over my 500mb limit or dad will be very angry :tazz: .
so does anyone know?

bevoz

bevoz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
anyone?

TinHead

TinHead

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
how many hours do u think u will be playing ??? since the servers maybe over seas.... means it could use a good couple of megs.. :tazz:
just check out ur usage b4 u jump on the game, then afta ur done jump off check it the next day and see how much u'v used... then jus times that by how eva many days and should get ur ansa??

Good Luck

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Your internet has a limit. That's retarded. Change ISPs

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
more like some is metering his usage... like "dad".

there isn't any documentation. but online games take a lot of time before the bandwidth ads up. if you only play 2 hours a day, and maybe like 4 on the weekend you should be fine.

have you asked on the eq2 forums?

Rokasstiprs

Rokasstiprs

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi,
My Dad wants to know before i start playing, how much MB of our internet will be used on average while playing Everquest 2. So if anyone knows or can give me an approximate it would be very much appreciated.
Thanx <script pagespeed_no_defer="" type="text/javascript">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/index.php?s=70a204411bc426b2dd2e4970422eb47b&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=37904&p=188286&md5check=414fcf8495ac8e645edbce4e7561abed&isRte=1,u_1KDYCiPz,true,true,EFmbmtryyZU');//]]></script> &&0

Every place I have searched for this info, I have found that a heavy user such as myself will use 16-20gigs a month. If you find that you are using more, then shut down everything running in the background that you do not need. Running other programs, or browser in background increases latency in the game, which will result in heavier data usage.

Rokasstiprs

Rokasstiprs

• Pip
  • 2 posts

looks like I used the quote option on this thread incorrectly lol