Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't update Mozilla...

• Please log in to reply

UV_Power

UV_Power

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
Hello everyone,

I am running Mozilla version: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.7) Gecko/20050414 Firefox/1.0.3 (if you can understand that :tazz: )

It says I have critical updates, but when I try to download and install them (via the little up white arrow in the red circle icon on the top right), it opens up a new window that tells me what updates I need. Then I click "Install now" and it hangs on the next box saying "Now downloading and installing updates..." without doing anything (I have waited hours with no progress gained)

Did anyone else come across this problem or know of another way to get the updates?? I have tried to install the latest edition from the website, but that was no help.

Thanks! ;)

Edited by UV_Power, 21 June 2005 - 12:19 AM.

Advertisements

mikhaelwallace

mikhaelwallace

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
I have had that happen to me before too. I fixed it by just going to the mozilla site and dling the latest version there.

UV_Power

UV_Power

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
Hmm, too bad that didn't work for me. Maybe I will just send an E-mail to the Mozilla guys...

RogueComGeek

RogueComGeek

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
delete C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox (assuming thats where you put the files)
then install firefox 1.0.4 off Mozilla's website. the bookmarks and all are saved in my documents so when you delete the mozilla firefox folder all your bookmarks and stuff are saved :-)

Edited by RogueComGeek, 23 June 2005 - 12:24 PM.

peakie22

peakie22

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Have you checked under Tools Options Webfeatures that "allow web sites to install software" is ticked?

UV_Power

UV_Power

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
Thanks peakie22. That's what did it.

The Mozilla guys should really have a pop-up box saying "You have selected the option to block this program from being installed. To change it...etc...etc." Rather than just hanging and wondering what's going wrong.

Thanks again! :tazz:

peakie22

peakie22

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Pleased to help