Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Stopped Working

• Please log in to reply

gothem

gothem

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: My internet just stopped working. I get a valid IP address from my server and somehow I can't connect. I have reinstalled my drivers and when I ping my DNS server, I don't get a response. But when I start up in Safe Mode, my connection works. So I think there must be some application that is blocking my access. I tried disabling my symantic anti-virus and the windows firewalls, but no luck. Any ideas about what else I can do?

Advertisements

UV_Power

UV_Power

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
Is your internet running on a network? You might be experiencing network problems (though that would not explain why it works in Safe Mode).

Since you suspect there might be an application starting up prevent your access to the internet, the next step would be to post a HijackThis log onto the proper forum...

Click here for some useful tools you can use (including HiJackThis...)

gothem

gothem

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I ran adware spybot, and symantic antivirus and didn't find anything.
So I think one of my startup drivers is corrupted so I am trying to figure out which one by booting one driver at a time.