Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

probs with AGP graphics card

• Please log in to reply

jimbo451

jimbo451

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I recently bought an AGP graphics card (Nvidia Geeforce MX 4000 128MB), however when I boot up after inserting it the comp seems to boot up but the monitor stays blank (remains on standby-light stays orange). I've followed the instructions and uninstalled the current agp driver although they don't seem to refer exactly to menus in XP. Also the changes if any I need to make in the bios are unclear although I've tried various settings with no luck. Is it possible my power supply is insufficient?? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Advertisements