Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Port Forwarding

• Please log in to reply

Space-Man

Space-Man

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
Hi everyone :tazz: i just need abit of help on port forwarding as i have been trying for weeks and i have not achieved my goal. What it is, i need to open some ports but every time i do i try to run the application and the application won't allow me to connect. My router is a BT Voyager 1800HG and any help is MUCH appreciated.

Thank You ;)

Edited by Space-Man, 21 June 2005 - 05:37 AM.

Advertisements

Greazy

Greazy

IT Professional

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
What application are you trying to run and what ports are you trying to open?

Greazy Mcgeezy

Space-Man

Space-Man

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
Im trying to run ShoutCast and the ports i need are 8000-8001. Can ye help me Greazy ?

Space-Man

Space-Man

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
Please help peeps :tazz:

Greazy

Greazy

IT Professional

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Ok, according to the documentation that I found on your Router, they have certain preset applications from factory that are allowed to pass through the firewall. In order to configure the firewall, if you installed the software that came with it, then you should have a "Hub Manager" in the bottom right corner. Open that and get a screenshot of what the configuration screens look like. If you haven't used the software, type the following into an address bar: http://gateway.2wire.net As I say, this comes from the PDF file at
http://downloads.bt....n_Retail_05.pdf

Please get a screenshot of this port forwarding/firewall feature.

Greazy Mcgeezy

Space-Man

Space-Man

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
I think you're missing my point. I know how to port forward but it just won't work.

http://www.portforwa...0hg/default.htm

Theirs the instructions what i follow and they don't seem to work.

Edited by Space-Man, 21 June 2005 - 03:27 PM.

Greazy

Greazy

IT Professional

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Well man, I ran across a router one time made by Netgear that had the port forward option. I set everything up, still didnt work, looks like kind of the situation that you are having here. But I fixed that problem. Bought another router. And I can tell you one thing, it wasn't a Netgear. This little story was written for one reason. I would suggest trying another modem/hub/switch/router whatever that thing you have is, lol. Sounds to me like they tried to put too much on those BT devices and half the stuff doesn't work. Everyone is having trouble with those devices, not just you. I would recommend a brand that is trusted by most, such as D-Link or Linksys. These are products that are in use in probably 75% of homes and the configuration is pretty standard, but it works.

Greazy Mcgeezy