Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Troubleshooting Keyboard Settings

• Please log in to reply

lizzeydripping

lizzeydripping

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi!

Wonder if anyone has a fix for this. One of the many ways in which our PC's express their individuality and contempt for the norm is to suddenly and without warning decide to revert to the American keyboard set up, transposing the @ and " and completely eradicating the £. This can occur at any time, often halfway through a document in which £ signs have been typed in the usual way - suddenly, all you can get is #. The only way I have been able to get this to change back is to log off. It then resets itself when you log on.

As this has not happened to me but only my colleagues, I am uncertain as to whether they may be accidentally resetting the keyboard using a shortcut key without being aware that they have done it.

Can anyone advise as to how to change the keyboard back to GB configuration once this has occurred (I can see nothing of any use in CONTROL PANEL/KEYBOARD), or what the shortcut could be that may be causing this to happen so I can reassign the shortcut keys and stop it happening?

All advice gratefully received!

Advertisements