Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Using Word as emil editor in Outllk 2003

• Please log in to reply

aaabbb

aaabbb

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Techies,

I have a question, I am using Outlook 2003 and would like to use word XP as email aditor. It doesn't allow me to use word xp as an editor to go with Outlook 2003. Is there any way to do it ??

Is there a way around it ??

Advertisements

lizzeydripping

lizzeydripping

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi!

I may be being a bit dense here, but if you are running Outlook 2003, does that not mean you are running Office 2003 on a Windows XP operating system? Hence you can't have Word XP as your editor, because it doesn't exist, it would have to be Word 2003?

I may be wrong about this!

However, if I am right - and please don't shoot me if you have already tried this and are thinking "well, duh"! - go into Outlook, click on TOOLS , then OPTIONS, then select the MAIL FORMAT tab and click the box to use Word 2003 as your email editor.

Hope this may help! Let me know!

aaabbb

aaabbb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks lizzy dripping !

I am using only outlook 2003 and NOT office 2003, hence I am still on office xp . now there is conflict of outlook 2003 using word xp as an email editor..

The option you mentioned under tools--> options -->Mail Format--> isn't available and is greyed out because of the mismatch..

any other solution plz

T

lizzeydripping

lizzeydripping

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Oh dear! I was surfing a little outside my area of expertise there and I'm afraid that's the only advice I had for you!

Hopefully somebody who has more idea about troubleshooting this kind of thing can sort it.

Sorry I wasn't much help!

aaabbb

aaabbb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
No worries .. Thanks for the heads up anyway

:tazz:

aaabbb

aaabbb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip