Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

"The inserted disc is closed..."

• Please log in to reply

cnnjones

cnnjones

• Pip
  • 1 posts
It has been about 4 years since I've attemtped to burn CDs, and at the rate I'm going, it will be at least that many before I try again. I'm using Musicmatch Burner Plus, and have already downloaded all my songs into the library. I inserted a BRAND NEW DISC this morning, and after getting all the songs in the order I wanted them, I clicked the "burn" button. The response is: "The inserted disc is closed and cannot be burned again. Please insert a new disc." Why? Please, someone help. I have a sneaking suspicion that I've made some ridiculously simple error and just can't see it. Many thanks.

Advertisements

mjkkid

mjkkid

• Pip
  • 6 posts
what i do to burn discs is fairly easy and it takes a few seconds... download i tunes from www.apple.com its totally free.. then when u have itunes running go to file and add a file to itunes.. add all the files u want to burn then on the botom left there is a plus sign.. it makes a new playlist.. rename it and drag ur files into the playlist and open the playlist when u are done.. put the blank cd in your cd burner.. click the burn cd botton on the top right and wait for it to turn yellow and black and click it again to burn it.. for me it takes about 10-15 seconds.. its very fast

Mycah

Mycah

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Try using Windows Media burner, other than that you might have a hardware problem