Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reinstalling Windows 98

• Please log in to reply

Bootylover23

Bootylover23

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I own a Compaq Presario 51702(or somthing like that) anyway when i first bought it, it was Windows 98 and i had been using it for a long time and it started messing up so i tried to used the cd that came with it called Quick Restore and the cd said it would make
my computer the way it was when if first used it so i used it and when i was done it asked me for a registration key(or somthing like that) i had no idea what that was at the time so i just stoped using that cpu for a while i then later on i bought an HP laptop with XP installed on it and i love it but it had to stay in my office all the time so i then thought
i could install Windows XP on the Compaq because the OS CD that came with my HP said only for use with a new HP or Compaq computer so i then used the OS cd and came across a screen that said enter registration Key but this time i new what it ment.So about 9 months later the Compaq had been working perfectly i had all my stuff on it but then i (like an [bleep]) i formatted everything all my music my movies :tazz: EVERYTHING ;) and now i am super ;) PO'ed :tazz: i tried using the XP CD again and it it just does not work my cpu just freezes when i put it in but the Quick Restore Cd still works now i have came across the registrtion Key screen again and have no idea what it might be. I have heard about things called CD Key Generators for Windows 98 and want to know where i can get one.

Advertisements