Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No PC sound

• Please log in to reply

thousandsflee

thousandsflee

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi, about two weeks ago I accidently downloaded a C-media AC'97 audio device hardware from the Microsoft Windows update site and it seems to have uninstalled the sound device that I already had installed and had worked perfectly: Avance Sound manager. Control panel says that there is no sound device installed and under hardware it says that the C-Media AC'97 audio device can't start (Code 10). I have already contacted the PC manufacturer but they never got back to me and the computer still has no sound. Please help! :tazz: ;) ;)

Advertisements

katkat92

katkat92

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
I'd try and uninstall the file you downloaded, or try and roll back the driver in the device manager. :tazz:

thousandsflee

thousandsflee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Thanks so much the rolling back worked, I had already tried unstalling and re-installing it. :tazz: