Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MAPI spooler running/msg stuck in outbox

• Please log in to reply

jennf67

jennf67

• Pip
  • 3 posts
When I open Outlook, it is slow to open. A message is stuck in my outbox, and the error message "MAPI spooler has already begun transmitting this message" appears when I attempt to delete it or move it. There is an attachment to the message - a very large file.

Soon after opening Outlook my CPU climbs to 100% usage and stays there. I have to reboot to get the computer working properly.

Previously, I was also receiving the error message "To help protect your computer, Microsoft has closed the following program: Generic Host Process for Win32" - I stopped this error message following tips in a post on this site.

Help! I need to get rid of this message so that my e-mail can function and I can return to work!

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
It could be a corrupt pst folder.....do you have any information you want to keep from the current email profile?

jennf67

jennf67

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Well, yes. Would i have to back up first?