Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do you upgrade the BIOS?

• Please log in to reply

Drezz

Drezz

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Got yet another queastion for ya'll,

I just tryed to update my BIOS because its really old but when I got onto the MSI website and downloaded the update I was slightly worried to find big warning sines everywhere about how if the instalation fails it will really [bleep] my motherboard.

Well I went ahed with this "flashing the BIOS" thing, but when I got to the part where you restart the computer with the floppy that has the info on it a warning sine that was even bigger than the rest came up, which, to put it simply said "if you don't know what your doing then go away or your motherboard is kaput" so I decided at that point to leave it alone in fear that it would ask me to do something that I had no idea how to do. ;)

Is this the only way to upgrade you'r BIOS? If so could someone give me some info on how to do it so I don't mess anything up or if there is another way which involves less of the warnings and more of the updating please do tell :tazz:

Thanks.

Advertisements

Drezz

Drezz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
???

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Grow a pair and do it, as long as you have read the driver documentation its fine. And thats not a question its more of a whine.