Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I have Directx 9.0c I want Directx 9.0b

• Please log in to reply

stacybeck

stacybeck

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
I want to uninstall the Directx9.0C that came with my Sims game. I thought I had removed it, but everytime I go to install the Directx 9.0B, I get an error message telling me that it already detects a newer version and will not install the B version.

My computer will not run the Sims game using the C version of Directx as my video won't support it. I don't mind running the game at a slower speed, I just can't get anything to work with the C version in there.

Please help or ask for more claification if needed.

Thanks so very much

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

My computer will not run the Sims game using the C version of Directx as my video won't support it.

<_< That shouldn't affect the ability of your video card. Have you tried updating the drivers for youir video card?

stacybeck

stacybeck

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Yes I have updated the driver for the video card. Nevertheless, I want to go back to Directx 9.0b and can't seem to do this...can you tell me how?

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Try This

-=jonnyrotten=- <_<

Nevermind, I thought you couldn't download it, i see that you cannot install it. Will check further on this.

uh-oh bad news

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;178644

If you want to do a repair installation of windows we can get it back to the earlier version of directx, but you would need to reinstall all of your updates.

Let me know.