Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need driver info

• Please log in to reply

saroy71

saroy71

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all,

I am trying to install the keyboard that came with my hp pavilion 753n. I purchased the computer about 2 years ago but I had a keyboard I was using until now when it broke. I am having trouble finding the driver/software for my keyboard so I can enable the multimedia keys.

My keyboard is an HP and it has all the 'extra' keys at the top of the keyboard in the following order. Half moon, question mark, hp, print, camera, shopping, sports, finance, connect, search, chat, e-mail, stop, rewind, play/pause, fast forward, eject, volume, mute, note.

If anyone has a similar keyboard would you please let me know what driver/software I need to get this thing working properly?

Thanks in advance.

Scott.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Here you go: http://h10025.www1.h...item=pv-18007-2

saroy71

saroy71

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for your quick response. I went to the link you posted and there is a warning:

"Your PC must be using the original Windows XP operating system that was shipped with your PC. This driver update does not work if you have upgraded the operating system.

This update MUST be applied BEFORE upgrading to Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack2."

I unfortunately have upgraded to XP Pro not the Home edition and I have installed the 'service pack'.

Does anyone know of a driver that will work after I have made these changes?

Thanks again for any help.

LINKUP19GS

LINKUP19GS

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
alright try this one it should do. if you have any problems just go to hp and ask for this driver bdf776en it is small and should download quickly.

http://h20000.www2.h...90&swEnvOID=228

Struz

Struz

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Here you go: http://h10025.www1.h...item=pv-18007-2

I downloaded this driver last night and now my system is messed up.

Window xp boots up but I can't do anything once it comes up.
It's almost frozen. You can click on something but it takes a very long time (5-10 minutes) just to open up an icon. It's like the system is in super slow motion !

Any ideas how I can fix it ?

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts

"Your PC must be using the original Windows XP operating system that was shipped with your PC. This driver update does not work if you have upgraded the operating system.

This update MUST be applied BEFORE upgrading to Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack2."

see above

-=jonnyrotten=- <_<

Do you know how to do a system restore? Your system makes restore points. We can restore your pc to exactly how it was on the last restore point before you installed this driver. Make sure you remember the general time you installed this so you can restore to the point right before that.

Here it is plain and simple. System Restore