Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HTML.smitfraud.c infection

• Please log in to reply

ltweeks33

ltweeks33

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Thanks for any help,
Like a dummy I have infected my desktop, from my laptop, which got the smitfraud from lan system at work. I slowly have removed all signs from laptop.
But this desktop I cannot begin to fix. My problem is I can't begin to access in normal mode or safe mode, because the desktop screen switches back and forth from warning screen to desktop screen and kills any program I attempt to open. About the only thing I can access is Task Mgr. and CMD Prompt and oddly Sureclean Prof. Another twist is I have two hard drives installed with Full Versions of Windows XP Pro installed on them. The C drive is what is infected, but I am able to boot up on the F drive like I am doing now. Since I can't make C drive boot up I have run from the F drive ( Trend Micro Housecall, Panda Activescan, RAV viruscan, Ewido Suite, Microsoft Antispyware, Spyware Doctor, Spybot, Ad-aware SE Personal ) When I try to boot on C drive in safe mode or normal mode their are only a few icons available. It looks like Norton Antivirus, Ad-aware and spybot could be damaged on C drive. Their icons are not showing. I have most of the removal software in a download folder on F drive for when I can finally get control of the C drive. Trend Micro Housecall, Panda Activescan, RAV viruscan, Ewido Suite, Microsoft Antispyware, Spyware Doctor, Spybot, Ad-aware SE Personal find very little that i can tell that looks like smitfraud. I would like to see what they return actually running them from C Drive. Sorry for the long narrative.
Look forward to your help. :tazz:

Advertisements