Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NDIS User Mode I/O

• Please log in to reply

polling

polling

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
I have Syegate as my firewall, and i keep getting a message about NDIS User Mode I/O Driver trying to access the network. I 'm also recieving the same message about svchost.exe generic host process for win 32 services. I was curious if anybody knows if these programs are safe and should i allow these programs access to my computer. BTW i'm a newbie thanx in advance

Advertisements

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
This is normal ;)

:tazz:

Excal

polling

polling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
thanks for responding Excal i wanted to know is it ok to allow these programs access and are they safe is it spyware or not thanx in advance

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
They are not spyware and yes its safe.

I have sygate also, same thing happened to me, so I checked it out and all came back good ;)

Excal

polling

polling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
thanx!!! Now i can allow the programs access and still can feel confident that my computer is safe thanx again Excal :tazz: ;)

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
My pleasure ;)

Excal