Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

computer keeps rebooting every 10-20min

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[SIZE=7] ;) :tazz:
hello everyone im having a bad day if theres anyone who can help please do so!

my problem is that my brandnew computer keeps rebooting! ;)

it was built at my friends house worked great , took it home hooked everything up and it worked for about 10-20 min and then started to rebooting.
took it back to my freinds house again runs great no problems took it home and and 10-20 min later started rebooting! :tazz:

the internet wasnt hooked up on ether locations
diffrent monitors
diffrent keyboards,mouse
[SIZE=14]help please [SIZE=14]

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Had you messed aroound with any BIOS settings or tried to overclock it?
The processors could be overheating and the motherboard is turning your pc off. Not sure why it's restarting though.
Is the processor heat sink and fan in place correctly with thermal compound? Another reason for the processor to overheat and shut down.
Check in your BIOS to see if the auto shut down option is selected?