Create Account Login to Account

My comp keeps going into standby

• Please log in to reply

dabadguy

dabadguy

• Pip
  • 8 posts
My computer keep going into stand by for no reason. I then have to push the power button and the computer goes back to what i was doing right before it restarted. It has been mostly been doing it when i am playing videogames, like nba live 2005 and command and conquer generals. Both game run perfect at high resolutions so i know im not over working my pc. I have a AMD Athlon XP 2.16 GHz, 512 mb ddr ram, and visiontek 128mb ati radeon 9550. Can anyone help me?

Advertisement

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
in controlpanel, power options, turn off stand by if it is enabled.

dabadguy

dabadguy

• Pip
  • 8 posts
yeah i tried that but im still getting the same thing. My next idea is to contact the video card maker. Anyone else have any ideas?

dabadguy

dabadguy

• Pip
  • 8 posts
anyone??

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
So not even the Control Pannel thing works?

If not, have to done in any other software?

dabadguy

dabadguy

• Pip
  • 8 posts
yeah that does nothing. I talked to quite a few people now and no one can figure out anything.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Do you have any software on your computer that can tweak your computer?

What did you last install or do on your computer before it happened?

dabadguy

dabadguy

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Figured it out. I went into power options and everything was turned off, but then there was that tab that says "When sleep button is pressed" and i had it marked so that whenever sleep button on the keyboard is pressed then the computer goes into standby. I just simply disabled the sleep button by making it do nothing and it fixed my problem. I still cant even imagine what was triggering the sleep button, ahhh well thanks a lot guys.

later

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.