Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help with my Dell poweredge 4400

• Please log in to reply

fedupwhiteboy

fedupwhiteboy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
need a lil help with my server. When i boot it up i get this message and an annoying BEEP BEEP

1 Logical Drive(s) Failed
Unresolved configuration mismatch between disk(s) and NVRAM on the adapter
1 Logical Drive(s) handled by BIOS
Press <Ctrl><M> to Run Configuration Utility or any other Key to Continue
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
there are 6 hard drives that are hot swapable bay 0 is the main drive the drive in bay 1 fails every time doesn't matter what hard drive i have in it
and when i leave all the bays empty cept for 0 it still does the same thing (i do turn off system and then swap them so as not to cause any other problems)
when i get into the openmanage server assistant cd and try to load the os it tells me there are no installed harddrives
this prob did not start till i tried to reinstall the os when i first bought the server before that the os was already screwed up but not havin any probs with the hard drives now i dunno what i did but it is worse than before
i built my home comp from scratch but i am lost on this server linux scsi stuff
any help would be greatly apriceated
thanx

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
sounds more like a hardware failure than anything else....have you contacted Dell?

fedupwhiteboy

fedupwhiteboy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
no but there was only an os issue before i started the reinstall but i guess i will just pay to have it fixed cuz i am loosin money now