help! spy sheriff has invaded my system [CLOSED]
Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:39 PM
Posted 09 July 2005 - 07:12 PM
Lets start out with some general scans and see if we cant clean things up a little.
+++++ Step 1 +++++
Please download Ewido security suite it is a trial version of the program.
- Install Ewido security suite
- Launch Ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop double-click it.
- The program will prompt you to update click the OK button
- The program will now go to the main screen
- On the left hand side of the main screen click update
- Click on Start
Once the updates are installed do the following:
- Click on scanner
- Make sure the following boxes are checked before scanning:
- Click on Start Scan
- Let the program scan the machine
Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
- Click Save report
- Save the report to your desktop
Please run an on-line virus scan at Kaspersky OnLine Scan or if that doesnt work, you can use TrendMicro or BitDefender. (Please post the results of the scan(s) in your next reply)
+++++ Step 3 +++++
- Open HiJackThis
- Click Open the Misc Tools Section
- Click Check for update online
After that, I will need to see two different logs from HiJackThis. The first is the normal log like you posted here. To get the other one, follow these directions.
Open HijackThis, click Config, click Misc Tools
Click "Open Uninstall Manager"
Click "Save List" (generates uninstall_list.txt)
Click Save, copy and paste the results in your next post.
Post back with those logs and we can continue from there.
If you have recieved help elsewhere or no longer need our assistance, please let us know.
Posted 22 July 2005 - 03:22 AM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users