Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

continuous beeping noises

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys,

This is my first post here.

I am having a problem and I dont know what to do. When I try to turn on my computer it sounds like its loading up fine but then it just stops and has continuous beeps 1 high and 1 low continuously. Sounds like an old police siren or ambulance. When it is happening the screen is totally blank. My monitor light does not come on but my CPU lights do (the green one and the orange one that flashes whenever its loading something) Does anyone know what is causing this and how I can fix the problem?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Johno420...Welcome to G2G!

The two toned beeps you describe usually relate to a cpu (processor) problem. More often than not, an overheating cpu is the cause.

I would suggest checking to see that the cpu heat sink is clean and that the cpu fan is spinning freely. If the heat sink is full of dust, you could sure try cleaning it out with a can of compressed air (available at office supply or computer stores) and while you're at it...blow out your power supply, too. *Be sure to use a static strap or touch a metal part of the case before rummaging around near the cpu or motherboard...static can be deadly to your machine* A bad cpu can also cause these beeps, but that is not usually the case.