Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Unable to use IPCONFIG

• Please log in to reply

carbonscoring

carbonscoring

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm having a problem connecting to the internet. When I run IPCONFIG I come up with an error saying "internal error occured the request is not supported cannot run IPCONFIG" TCP/IP is installed on my machine but, im not getting any DHCP address. Everything under TCP/IP properties is set for automatic. I thought that it might be the NIC but, when I test it threw a dial-up connection I run into a similar problem. I ran netsh to reset TCP/IP and rebooted my pc but still the same errors. I have Nortan Internet security but, I disabled automatic protection and disabled the firewall on Nortan. i just upgraded from Windows 98 to XP a couple of weeks ago but, the problems just started the other night, up until then it was working fine. I havent run an Anti-virius scan yet, I did run Microsofts anti-spyware and it found a few things but, Im still having the same problems. I also downloaded and ran Lspfix.exe and winsockxpfix.exe but neither helped. My next step is to boot from the XP cd and try to repair XP also I thought about just throwing another NIC in there just to try but, I really think that it's TCP/IP and not hardware..

please help

Advertisements

RogueComGeek

RogueComGeek

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
well i would have to agree. it could be tcp/ip or even some piece of software not doing its job (possably curuptted)