Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Speaker Trouble

• Please log in to reply

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
I recently formated my C Drive and put on Windows XP Proffesional, but now my (4 speakers, 1 Sub) speakers will not work when i hook them up to my computer. When i plug in headphones or any other set of speakers in the same jack, they work fine? I called the sound blaster company and they said to check my sound card to see if it is in properly, and i did and it seemed right and also the other speakers worked on it so that must mean something. The speakers are all ALTEC LANSING please help

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Nice speakers <_<

Sounds like a driver issue with your sound card. Have you installed the latest WHQL drivers for your card from Creative's site?

http://us.creative.c...port/downloads/

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
It said after it scan my computer loooking if i needed updates, that i didnt need to install anything

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Are you talking about Windows Update? If so, try the creative link above, the drivers available may be more recent.

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
no i went on the creative site and it searched my computer for needed updates or any avalible driver updates and there were none avalible

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
accually i went back on the site and tried something else and there are some drivers it said i needed to install i guess so im gonna try that

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
nope, didnt work :D so im still using headphones wait for your answer <_<

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Try going into device manager and uninstalling the driver. Then restart your computer and the hardware wizard should detect a new device and install it. This will reasign its resources.

If that doesn't work, check your BIOS. There should be a plug and play OS BIOS section. Try changing it to no.

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
after i get into my device manger i dn which of my options to uninstall, when i went into my sound audio and all that stuff option it didnt say anything about creative or sound blaster, also how would i get into my BIOS

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

after i get into my device manger i dn which of my options to uninstall

Find your sound card in the device manager. Right click on the icon and select uninstall from the pop-up menu.

how would i get into my BIOS

Depends on your computer. While booting try tapping the F1, F2, F10, Del, or Ins keys. You may also see a a flash screen that tells you which key to press (if it flashes by too fast, press the pause key). If a full screen logo blocks the screen during boot, try pressing the Esc key.

Advertisements

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
i went into my device manager under the option of sound, video and game controllers

after i clicked down on the tab it gave me some options, which one do i uninstall, or am i in the wrong group totally

audio codecs
creative game ports
creative SB Live! value
legacy audio drivers
legacy video capture devices
media control devices
unimodem half-duplex audio device
video codecs

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

audio codecs
creative game ports
creative SB Live! value
legacy audio drivers

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
then after i uninstall those, do i restart my computer and let the computer find a "new hardware" thing

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Yes, if no joy, try the BIOS settings.

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
aight well what i think im gonna do is create a restore point just incase this doesnt work so i dont lose any of those audio files if i need them and then try the BIOS thing, i really hope this works! <_<